09 January 2011

It's A Wild Ride With The Polar Express

Thanks for the post from Nora Mccoy

When The Polar Express first came out a few years ago, I was slow to get on the bandwagon. I wasn't enticed at first to go see it, but I finally did. Now I wonder what the heck was wrong with me. The Polar Express is incredible! I was wowed by it, and it's become my favorite holiday Christmas film.

The movie happened to air on Directtv Satellite Television the other day, so naturally I watched it. I'll make any excuse to sit down and enjoy this film. This isn't a live action movie, nor is it animated. It used a revolutionary process that took motion and attached it to drawn characters. It's just a fascinating procedure.

I love The Polar Express as it centers on belief. Frankly, I'm tired of everyone needing to have proof to believe. Believing is faith, and faith is believing. That's what this picture talks about, from a kid's point of view. In fact, I think that the ending voice over is among the most poignant piece I've ever heard. It's a loss of innocence in a way, and that's terribly sad.

However, long before we get to that moment, we're taken on a wild train ride that is super entertaining. The song Hot Chocolate is a joy, and Tom Hanks' work in multiple roles is admirable.

The Polar Express is inspirational.