If you enjoy grilling and beef is your speciality, here are a few tips to help you with your preparation of the meat. Whether you're using a rotisserie or you like to cook over an open flame, here are a few ideas for preparation. If your using a rotisserie, you have to preheat it before use. For best results, sear the beef at a high temperature for the first few minutes with a low to medium low heat for the balance of the cooking time. Beef cuts that have a basic cylindrical shape are best to use (see the the tenderloin roast picture). If you aren't using the rotisserie method, then you'll be grilling on direct heat. When grilling steaks, slash the fat at 1" intervals around the steak. This helps reduce the steak's tendency to curl while grilling. Some roasts may require tying before grilling.
Here's a delightful beef recipe:
*Cajun Grilled Beef
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
-1 pound beef top sirloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 each red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 each large yellow onions, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 each metal skewersDirections Place steak pieces in a large bowl. Add all ingredients into bowl except, red bell pepper and onion. Mix well and cover. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 1-4 hours. Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread beef, red bell pepper, and onion pieces alternately onto skewers. Place on your grill and cook approximately 10-15 minutes.