04 May 2010

*~* Mother *~*

"All that I am or hope to be I owe to my angel mother. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." - Abraham Lincoln

"The debt of gratitude we owe our mother and father goes forward, not backward. What we owe our parents is the bill presented to us by our children." - Nancy Friday

"Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease." - Lisa Alther

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." - Henry Ward Beecher

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love." - Stevie Wonder

"My mother said to me, ""If you become a soldier you'll be a general; if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope."" Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso." - Pablo Picasso

"Nobody loves me but my mother, And she could be jivin' too." - B. B. King

"Mothers are the most instinctive philosophers." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

"The watchful mother tarries nigh, though sleep has closed her infants eyes." - John Keble

It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding. - Erma Bombeck

"My mother never gave up one me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back." - Denzel Washington